Safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults is the responsibility of everyone. It is central to our mission and ministry and is integral in the Diocesan Vision which asks us to consider how to make our church communities healthier. As a parish we have adopted the House of Bishops ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ policy and the Parish Safeguarding Handbook, incorporating the House of Bishop’s Safeguarding Policy and Practice Guidance
The Parish Safeguarding Handbook can be viewed here
The Parish Safeguarding Policy can be viewed here
The Parish Safeguarding Officer is Nicola Pilkington who can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07736 312859
We understand reporting abuse may be very difficult and that not everyone may want to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team. Below is a list of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).